Wednesday, August 17, 2011

-UnTITLED- : Poem


You burst straight through my front door
I was waiting upstairs
nervous
pretty girls do that

You had black nail polish on
black skirt
red top
soft blonde strands pulled back

we walked down the hill
smoking skinny cigs
seeking your brass knuckle purse
and college delirium talk

We hit the bar
margarita night
perfect

you confessed high school sadness
drug dealings
while turned heads
mine included
I listened
fascinated

I downed my margs
two at a time
some tea for you

We played games
and i listened
while looking at your eyes
it was great

Time to walk back
steep hills
no consequences
we arrived
talked money laundering banter and smoked a bowl

I walked you to your car
planted a big kiss
then another
and another
It felt good
No it felt great

No comments:

Post a Comment